Last updated on Jun 1, 2022

This post gives information about the schemes for women and children that have been implemented by the Central and State governments in Maharashtra.

Schemes for Victims of Violence

Manodhairya Scheme for Rape victims, Children who are victims of Sexual Offences and Acid Attack Victims (Women and Children)

Savitribai Phule Multipurpose Women's Centre for victims of atrocities

Women State Homes for Destitute Women, Teenage Mothers, Women who are victims of atrocities (Age Group of 16 to 60 years)

Shelter Homes for Destitute Women, Teenage Mothers, Women who are victims of atrocities (Age Group of 16 to 60 years)

Welfare Scheme for Devdasis


Welfare Schemes for Women

Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme for the Children of Working Mothers

Indira Gandhi Matritva Shayog Yojna (IGSMY)

Financial Help for Marriage of Girls in Orphanages, Women Reception Centers and Protection Homes

Shubh Mangal Samuhik Vivah Scheme

Schemes by State Governments for Girl Child

Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme

Have a question you want to ask our legal experts?

Related Resources

Complaining against a Pharmacist

Complaints of professional misconduct of a pharmacist can be brought either before the State Pharmacy Council or Pharmacy Council of India.

Guide on the Rights of Transgender Persons in India

This Guide discusses the general provisions in the Constitution of India, the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019 and the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Rules, 2020.
citizen rights icon

What is Physical Stalking?

It is a crime to physically stalk someone, i.e. someone tries to follow a person wherever they go and contact them even after they have expressed their disinterest.
Crimes and Violence

What are the rights a person has under this law?

Survivors of acid attacks have the right to seek medical treatment, right to file a complaint and right to compensation.
Crimes and Violence

Complaints/Help and Support for updating identity documents

This post elaborates portals and helpline numbers for filing complaints, address grievances, asking enquiries and for help and support.

Who can seek Protection against Domestic Violence?

Any woman can file a complaint and seek protection against domestic violence under the law, for herself and her child/children. The religion of the woman does not matter.
Crimes and Violence