How can I transfer property to an unborn person?

Last updated on Jun 7, 2022

In order to transfer property to an unborn person, you must first transfer the property to a living person, which is usually done through the creation of a trust, until the unborn person comes into existence. This creates a vested interest in favour of the unborn person.(( Section 13 of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882.)) For instance, if A is pregnant with a child, a trust can be created in the interest of the child and this trust will hold the property until the birth of the child. The trustee will essentially act as the unborn child’s proxy until the child is born. To put it simply, the property sits with someone untouched until the birth of the person to whom it was transferred. The trust simply holds the property till that time.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Have a question you want to ask our legal experts?

Related Resources

Can I purchase a foreclosed property?

Foreclosed properties are generally expected to be auctioned off at rates lower than their true market values.

Who do you complain to if there has been an issue related to buying or selling property?

You can approach the court to raise disputes over land and property for various reasons including claim on ownership etc

Types of Consumer Complaints

Complaints may be filed regarding e-services, misleading advertisements, restrictive trade practices, spurious/defective goods, food etc.

What is a Residence Order under Domestic Violence law?

If you are being thrown out of your shared household (house) by your harasser, the Court can issue a residence order in such a case.
Crimes and Violence

What should I consider when I am buying a house or land?

Two aspects to consider when buying a land or house, is knowing whether price of house is fair and dispute free ownership.

Can I get a bank loan to buy a property using the same property as the collateral?

Yes. You can get a loan from the bank to purchase an immovable property by using the same property as the collateral/security.