Who do you complain to if there has been an issue related to buying or selling property?

Last updated on Jun 7, 2022

You can approach the court to raise disputes over land and property for various reasons including claim on ownership, contestation over land acquisition, disagreement / disputes over real estate transactions, conflict over property inheritance, and misuse of rented property among others. There are different laws and procedures which explain how an individual can seek redressal on these issues, depending on the particular circumstances under which the dispute arises.  Such issues are better dealt with through lawyers specializing in land disputes. However, it is best to conduct your due diligence beforehand to make sure that your property is not stuck in a court dispute. Please talk to a lawyer or ask us any questions through the Ask Nyaaya Helpline.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Have a question you want to ask our legal experts?

Related Resources

Can I purchase a foreclosed property?

Foreclosed properties are generally expected to be auctioned off at rates lower than their true market values.

Types of Consumer Complaints

Complaints may be filed regarding e-services, misleading advertisements, restrictive trade practices, spurious/defective goods, food etc.

What is a Residence Order under Domestic Violence law?

If you are being thrown out of your shared household (house) by your harasser, the Court can issue a residence order in such a case.
Crimes and Violence

What should I consider when I am buying a house or land?

Two aspects to consider when buying a land or house, is knowing whether price of house is fair and dispute free ownership.

Can I get a bank loan to buy a property using the same property as the collateral?

Yes. You can get a loan from the bank to purchase an immovable property by using the same property as the collateral/security.

How can NRIs and PIOs sell property?

NRIs and PIOs can sell property in India in accordance with RBI's Master Circular. It mandates rules to be followed by NRIs/PIOs in selling.