If you are subjected to any violence, where you are injured or hurt, you have a right to complain and file an FIR with the police regardless of your gender or your sexual orientation. You can complain against anyone, irrespective of their gender. You can go to the police station to use these gender-neutral laws:
Hurting Your Body
If someone injures you or they know that their actions would injure you then it is a crime under the law.
You will have to file an FIR with the help of Section 321/350 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.
If someone intentionally hurts you and it results in injuries which are given below, it is a crime under the law. Some of these specific injuries are:
- Depriving you permanently of your eyesight or hearing of either ear.
- Any damage to your joints or your body structure.
- Permanent dis-figuration of your head or face.
- Any fractures or dislocations of your bones or your teeth.
- Any action that results in endangering your life or causes severe bodily pain whereby you are unable to function.
- Using acid to hurt you and which results in the injuries given above (You will have to file an FIR with the help of Section 326B of the Indian Penal Code, 1860)
If you face any of the specific injuries given above, you will have to file an FIR with the help of Section 320/322 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.
Using Dangerous Weapons
It is a crime to use dangerous weapons on you or use common objects or animals which can be used in a dangerous manner such as:
- Objects to stab or cut you like knives, scissors etc.
- Objects to shoot you like guns etc.
- Using any explosive substances like firecrackers etc.
- Objects which release fire or any heated object or substance like a torch blower etc.
- Any poison, corrosive substance or material which is dangerous to in
Common Objects that can Become Weapons
- Any home based product such as phenyl which you are forced to consume.
- An object like a cigarette lighter that is used to hurt you.
- Using an animal to hurt you, like making dogs attack you etc.
If you have been hurt or injured or such objects have resulted in death, you will have to file an FIR with the help of Section 324/326 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.
Threatening to Hurt You
It is a crime to threaten you by making any gestures or making preparations to hurt you. You will have to file an FIR with the help of Section 350/351 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.
For example, if someone waves a knife at you and threatens to hurt you, then they are making gestures at you which might injure you or cause you fear.
For example, if someone waits for you to leave your office so that they can hit you with sticks, then they are making preparations to hurt you.