Did you know that 'right to property' is a constitutional right under Article 300A?

What are the different kinds of disputes with respect to land and immoveable property?

Last updated on Jun 7, 2022

Since land is considered to be one of the most important assets, the range of land-related disputes is huge. However, in this explainer, we will focus on the more common types of disputes, which include:

  • Right of Inheritance Disputes
  • Partition Disputes
  • Land Measurement Disputes
  • Land Encroachment and Boundary Disputes
  • Right of Way Disputes
  • Land Ownership Disputes

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Have a question you want to ask our legal experts?

Related Resources

If I have a dispute with someone about land or other immovable property, which court should I approach?

The location of your property is one of the main considerations in deciding which court you should approach to resolve property disputes.

What are Partition disputes and how are they resolved?

Partition disputes refer to disputes around dividing the property of a Hindu Undivided Family as per the Hindu Succession Act 1956.

What are inheritance rights?

When it comes to immovable property, inheritance refers to the transfer of a property’s ownership after the death of an individual.

How do I address a land measurement dispute?

Land measurement disputes can be resolved by getting assistance from the government surveyor to conduct a joint survey.

What should I consider when I am buying a house or land?

Two aspects to consider when buying a land or house, is knowing whether price of house is fair and dispute free ownership.

What should I do if someone encroaches on my property?

If someone encroaches or trespasses on your property or a construction extends beyond the boundary line, there are legal ways to resolve it.